Which boilers does Luke recommend?
21 May 2019 Luke Smith
Here at ACLJ we repair, service and install a whole range of different boilers. When talking to customers who are looking to replace their boiler, more often than not, I will recommend a Baxi.
There are several reasons that I recommend Baxi over other manufacturers:
- The majority of their boilers come with a 5-7 year warranty as standard. Some models even have 10 years.
- Baxi are a UK manufacturer, meaning that parts are easily available, even for older models.
- The parts are durable, with many of the hydraulic components being made from brass, making them longer lasting.
- The parts are easy to access, meaning that the annual service can be carried out efficiently and parts can be changed smoothly with minimal disruption should they need to be at any point.
- They are lightweight, meaning that they can be lifted/fitted safely by one engineer. With the exception of the Duo-Tec, they are also compact enough to fit into a standard kitchen cupboard.
- They are quiet! This means that they could be situated near a bedroom or similar without worrying about noise.
The model that I am installing the most at the moment is the Baxi 600 Series Combi. I have already fitted 20 this year alone! There are many reasons for choosing a Combi boiler;
1. Energy saving – All modern condensing boilers use less gas. The Baxi 600 series are A rated boilers and when combined with a smart thermostat can save you even more money on your energy bills.
2. Freeing up space. Firstly, in the airing cupboard, as you can do away with your hot water cylinder (leaving more room for towels and bedding etc!) Secondly, in your loft, as there is no need for your Cold-Water Storage tank any more.
3. Less electrical components to go wrong due to cylinder not being needed.
4. More powerful showers/taps – Combi boilers work on a pressurised system, meaning that the hot water takes it’s pressure directly from the Mains water supply rather than gravity from the tank on a conventional cylinder/tank system.
The Baxi 600 series gives you all the above plus the 36KW version is available for larger houses that wouldn’t previously been considered suitable for a Combi.
Another great feature of the 600 series Combi is that the pipe-work can be fitted behind the boiler without the need for a stand-off bracket. This means the boiler won’t stick out from the wall and allows the pipes to go up through the ceiling behind the boiler if you are tight for space.
Finally, as a Baxi Approved Installer, we benefit from a dedicated engineer’s helpline, access to a mobile diagnostic app and same day call out, so in the unlikely event of any manufacturing issues we have the full direct support of Baxi themselves.
Don’t just take my word for it though, have a look at some of our recent reviews (the link can be found on the right hand side of this website) and see what our customers are saying about their new boilers!
Whatever you are looking for, be it a repair, a service, a new boiler or a whole new heating system, you can get in touch with us by phone 01473353636, email email@example.com or via our Facebook page www.facebook.co.uk/ACLJPandH